1.5kg Gammon Joint
1tsp Garlic Powder
1tsp Onion Powder
1tsp White Pepper
2tbsp Brown Soft Sugar
4tbsp English Mustard
- Combine honey and English mustard together and brush half as an even coat all over the gammon and reserve the other half for later.
- Combine all seasonings together a sprinkle an even layer all over the gammon.
- Set Smoker to 110C and once up to temperature set the smoke on. We used Cherry bisquettes but you can choose whichever Bradley Flavour Bisquettes you wish.
- Add the gammon to the smoker with a tray on the rack below to catch any drippings and juices and smoke for 3-4 hours.
- After this time has passed you can turn the smoke off, use the rest of the honey and mustard mixture as a final glaze and continue to cook for another 1-2 hours until an internal temperature of 75C is reached.
Note: if you are more sensitive to salt, you may wish to soak the gammon joint in water for approx 10 hours to reduce the saltiness.